Katherine is a UK Network Registered teacher of mindfulness and compassion based approaches with many years experience of teaching mindfulness to the general public and in organisations. She trained to teach mindfulness with Breathworks-Mindfulness and with the Mindfulness Association and the Mindfulness in Schools Project. She is accredited to teach the following courses:
She has also trained to deliver:
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Stress
- Breathworks Mindfulness for Health
- Mindfulness Association's Mindfulness Based Living Course
- Mindfulness Association's Compassion Based Living Course
- Mindfulness in Schools . B Foundations (for school staff) and Paws.B for younger children
- Courses based on the book "Mindfulness, a practical guide to Finding Peace in a Frantic World" by Mark Williams and Danny Penman.
Katherine has an MSc in Studies in Mindfulness from the University of Aberdeen.
Before teaching mindfulness Katherine worked as a business director, she has also worked in adult education. She attended a Mindfulness for Stress course in 2008 at a time of personal difficulty and found the course so helpful that she trained to teach.
Katherine is listed by the UK Network of Mindfulness Based Teacher Trainers, the body that sets and maintains standards for training, supervision and continuing professional development for mindfulness teachers. She works in accordance with their guidelines, maintaining her mindfulness practice and undertaking regular CPD and supervision.
Katherine co delivers many of her courses and day sessions with Breathworks colleagues Marian Dwyer BSc, RMN, Dip Counselling and Sally Cherry MSc.
Marian has a background in the NHS where she managed mental helath services and delivered Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy.
Sally combines mindfulness teaching with training and coaching managers in the probation service.